Sunday, January 8, 2012

Weight Update

One week in, I'm down 7.1 pounds.

An excellent start, but it's only a start. I know better than to think I'll have weeks like this, um, ever. It's a week one thing. My body is flushing salt.and junk like crazy.

I have worked out only very lightly this week because I hadn't done anything in that arena in 6 weeks. So this week, I rowed 2,000-3,000 meters per day. Feels good to get back in the routine.

We have RowPro software which ties right in to our rowing machine. RowPro has a training plan function which I'm using. The first couple of weeks it just ramps you up and then the real fun begins.

As far as food goes, we've done really well--at least until today. I did eat lunch out one day with a friend. I chose a salad with balsamic vinagrette dressing. There was no cheese or meat to add ridiculous calories. Just a small amount of dried cranberries and a few sunflower seeds.

Today, though? Morning was ok. Lunch was ok. But now we're watching football and remembered a cheese and sausage tray in the refrigerator. Damn. On the bright side, at the end of the day, whatever is still there is going in the trash.

So even though we've had a little hiccup with the food thing today, I'm looking ahead to next week.

I'll pack lunch for us each day this week.  Dinner will be at home each night.  Except Wednesday.  Wednesday we're eating with some friends so they can put corks in wine bottles filled with liquor . . . but that's a story for another day.

2 comments:

  1. ohhh I know the corks in the wine bottles of liquor story...tsk tsk... ;) will you be working out on the cruise? your husband swears he will... :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. We'll see about that whole exercise thing. I need to look to see if they have C2 rowing machines onboard. If they do, I'll likely take my log card and spend some time there. It's the only exercise I actually like . . . and I'm FAR more likely to do something I enjoy while on vacation! :-)

    ReplyDelete